bagmaker tuesday no.3


Hello friends, happy Tuesday to you all !!!

I hope your week is off to a good start. Any fun projects you've been working on?


I've been quite busy lately working on new patterns as well as a few secret projects (can't wait to share them with you soon :)) but I did manage to squeeze in just a tiny bit of fun sewing and whipped up this super adorable lunchbox for my daughter.


I followed a pattern from Amy Morinaka's fabulous book Zakka Handmades and I just love how quickly and very effortlessly this lunchbox came together.


This drawstring closure is such a great feature. Super easy to close and open, and the bag itself is just the right size for a school lunch.


I usually use cotton or linen when making these bags for my kids, but this time I used this super soft corduroy from my stash and I'm totally smitten. I combined it with coordinating quilting cotton for lining and drawstring closure, and added cotton webbing for the handles.

Easy peasy, and super fun!

How about you? Do you have any bags or pouches (finished or in-progress) to share with us? If so please use the button below to add your photo and link up to your blog post or Instagram.


Can't wait to see all your lovely makes. Svetlana